Thursday, August 4, 2011

There's a fine line between love and stalking......

My son, Simon, has been in love since he was just two years old. With the same girl. Really. Her name is Zoe. They met in preschool and they were two halves of the same whole. It was truly amazing to watch. They just loved each other.

She moved away and we still hang out when we can but they only see each other a few times a year. Like most girls she has other interests, she still loves my little man but she's keeping her 6 year old options open. Simon, though, he is a forever man. His heart beings to Zoe. When the little girls at school were deciding who was going to marry whom in kindergarten Simon calmly said, "I'm going to marry Zoe. I love her. We can be friends but not married.". So serious.

Tonight while I was making dinner (I know - shocker, right?) my six year old son calmly says, "I wish I was married to Zoe already." I smiled and asked why of course. He looked at me like I had a head growing out of my chest and said, "Because I love her." Oh. Then he went on, "So we could live together and have kids. Like you do. We're going to have some kids - me and Zoe."

So what I'm wondering now is.....how fine is the line between love and stalking?

No comments:

Post a Comment